At Amazon Web Services, we run one of the largest networks in the world. We are taking all the industry trends and blending them into the critical foundation of utility computing: the network. Our goal is to become the infrastructure platform for the world and our team provides and manages critical infrastructure to support a software oriented network.
AWS is looking for engineers to support services that provide the first pillar of a framework to manage many thousands of network devices through software. Indirectly, our goal is to eliminate human intervention and errors from network engineering and network build processes by building tools and systems to successfully manage thousands of heterogeneous devices in dozens of data centers across the world. In this role, you will work on a team of systems engineers to support a globally distributed specialized Linux server fleet.
Collectively working with software engineers on yours and adjacent teams, it is also your goal to ensure the entire global server stack is operating optimally. You will continuously identify areas of growth within the existing frameworks, tools and processes to develop further technical mechanisms to reduce waste and continuously improve.Responsibilities
- Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in Networking.
- Use existing tools and frameworks to resolve operational tickets.
- Participate in an on call rotation with your team
- Improve our process by identifying issues and patterns, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Be mentored by senior systems engineers, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participation in setting the architectural direction of the team through influencing the technical roadmap