Network Operations Manager – NOC
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
EU NOC Overview
European NOC (Network Operation Center) is the central control center for Operations Execution across the Amazon's European Operations network, supporting both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the trucks/vehicles to be placed at each of our fulfillment centers across Europe, based on various factors such as forecast, historical trends, vehicles capacity and carrier capabilities. NOC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
Purview of a Network Operations Manager
As an integral part of the European Transportation team, the Operations Manager is responsible for the optimization of the transportation network. The role ensures the cost effective and reliable networking of Amazon FCs and line haul connections to all Direct Injection carriers. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding the overall EU Transportation strategy and continually identifying operational, service, and process improvements in relation to customer experience enhancement in a cost effective environment. The European Transportation team works with Amazon’s Fulfilment Centers (FC), Supply Chain, Customer Service, Retail and Finance teams and externally with service providers, offering business and logistics expertise to ensure optimal delivery of service solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Managing the day to day team of Program Managers to ensure that all the loads are being managed in the most efficient way with the highest quality.
· Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; following solution-driven approach to systems and processes, using advanced computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word)
· Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed
· Develop and understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
· Systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure that they are delivered.
· Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by NOC.
· Communicate with Carriers and internal customers (Planning, Fulfillment Centers).
· Provide real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment.
· Interacts with internal and external stakeholders and Senior Leadership to develop and manage change.