As an increasing number of large enterprises move critical systems and develop new applications to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical talent to advise our customers on this journey. You will work one on one with our top tier customers throughout the entire application lifecycle advising them during the planning phase of new projects to supporting them when they have systems operating in production.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) functions as part of the Developer Support team to ensure key enterprise customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform. The TAM provides assistance to the customer as an expert on the full line of AWS services and the customer’s architecture in support of strategy questions, project planning and launch and ongoing operational issues. TAM's are engaged at the account level in providing recommendations and proactive advice through all phases of the implementation life cycle.
In order to be successful in this role, you must possess customer facing skills that allow you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only in the cloud. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within AWS to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Engage with your customers to understand business needs
· Help Enterprises define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments
· Work hands on with customers engineering team to develop, migrate, and debug application issues
· Troubleshoot technical issues and drive issue escalation with AWS Service teams
· Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance to customer leadership
· Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning
· Make recommendations on how new AWS offerings fit in the company architecture
· Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (be their voice)
· Advise customers on how to make their applications more resilient, cost effective and fault tolerant
· Know and use all key customer resolution tools across all service groups to facilitate rapid resolution of customer concerns
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
· Work with some of the leading technologists around the world
· Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible