Amazon’s Employee Engagement Platforms Team is seeking an experienced Localization Program Manager to deliver translation of English source content into all supported languages. This position is an exceptional opportunity for a smart, creative, collaborative and highly motivated person to manage a complex set of localization processes and tools. Content for our team includes standard operating procedures, policies, FAQs, articles, and other worldwide content. The Team
The Employee Engagement Platforms Team owns the Human Resources self-service strategy and ensures a consistent global user experience for all Amazon employees. We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries. We help to enable employee self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive tools with personalized content that can be accessed anywhere, by any device. Our goal is to empower employees to find answers to their questions, with additional support from Amazon’s Employee Resource Center (ERC) to answer specialized questions through a variety of contact channels designed to meet the preferences of our employees. We use a variety of data sources to better understand customer needs and partner with global shared service teams to design self-service solutions that leverage digital technologies (e.g., social, mobile, cloud, and analytics) to help HR create a world-class experience for employees. The Role
The Localization PM will support and influence the localization strategy and drive the successful implementation of localization/translation projects by driving the strategy, implementation and testing of the best possible tools, technologies and processes. You will ensure accuracy of information provided to our end users, and manage translation vendors to ensure high linguistic quality.Key Responsibilities
- Manage localization projects end-to-end, owning all scoping, planning, and execution.
- Experience with translation management systems; drive continuous improvement of these tools and systems; and document their usage for users.
- Help manage our set of linguistic resources: translation memories, term databases, machine translation engines and filters.
- Help identify areas for improvement in our tools and innovate to find creative solutions.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of partners and customers, including the global content team, plus operational and business stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects by configuring appropriate priorities.
- Evangelize internationalization and localization best practices.