Help create the future of digital entertainment with Amazon Video! Amazon Video is fast becoming one of the major global players in digital entertainment. We are changing the way millions of customers enjoy movies and TV shows through Amazon Prime, new releases for rent or purchase, and subscriptions through Amazon Channels.
Amazon Video is seeking a savvy and analytical senior leader to manage film acquisition for France. This individual will be responsible for helping to define and, in turn, to execute the content strategy for feature films on our Prime Video service across the region.
In addition to being a subject matter expert in film, and having a solid background in acquiring/green-lighting film for France, the successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record in successful film acquisition and very strong negotiation skills. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who has an attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, is cool under pressure, and isn’t afraid to roll his/her sleeves up as needed. S/he must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, be very comfortable basing content decisions from data, and think outside of his/her direct sphere of responsibility. Responsibilities:
- Define and execute the content acquisition strategy for original and local film content on Amazon's Prime Video service, in France as well as other international territories
- Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management
- Lead all aspects of content licensing/commissioning negotiations, including content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements for US and local film
- Manage relationships with key content providers/producers
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., marketing, public relations, finance, operations, etc.) and report to senior leaders on performance
- Use behavior, usage and consumption data to inform decision-making
- Work closely with Amazon Video leaders to develop new services and product offerings
- Maintain a can-do attitude and a willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary