This role is for an experienced EHS Manager, Safety Specialist or Safety Engineer. This position is based in Paris and requires travel to and from the various sites in Paris. Additional international travel will be required.
The chosen person must be an effective communicator, sending clear, concise and consistent messages verbally, in written form, and/or public speaking forums. This individual must advise, instruct and train company personnel on health and safety policies and procedures, as well as assist the teams in incorporating our safety standards at their sites.
You will work with internal and external partners to maintain and enhance the health and safety of operations and generally help ensure the reliability of the facilities. Coordination with onsite physical security, vendors, regulatory agencies, risk management, and fire/life safety systems is required. Additionally, you will work with employees and contractors to achieve specific health and safety objectives.
This role will report to the Regional Safety Manager - Europe and be responsible for continuing to enhance the health and safety of operations and construction. You will work closely with construction builds as coordinated by the Global Construction Safety Engineer. English and French speaking and writing fluency is required. Responsibilities:
· Assist with drafting and implementing health and safety standards, policies and practices including but not limited to; safety management systems, training, and risk assessments (e.g., DUER - document unique d’évaluation des risques /Plan de Prevention).
· Collaborate with other groups within Amazon (Data Center Operations, Facilities Managers, Human Resources, Hardware Engineering) and outside vendors (General Contractors, sub-contractors, Emergency Services) as they relate to operations and construction.
· Ensure compliance with and implementation of global health and safety programs and local regulatory legislation.
· Interact and help manage site relations with the French government and regulatory agencies.
· Assist in the development and implementation of risk assessments, SOPs and MOPs for on-site emergencies, special events and other unique tasks.
· Perform health and safety data analysis and create benchmarking.
· Ensure health and safety recordkeeping and provide accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
· Consult and work with legal on complex or non-routine health and safety regulations interpretations and investigations.
· Analyze and assess site risks and develop and implement solutions to prevent and eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
· Respond to and investigate injuries and other workplace incidents.
· Adapt to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, strategy and deadlines.
· Domestic and international travel for emergency and non-emergency may be required.
· Able to work as part of a team and provide health and safety support to regions outside of France when required.
· Additional other duties as assigned.