Do you want to work on the world’s largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure? Then we have the perfect job for you!
Mid 2013, our Amazon Web Services S3 web service accepted its 2 trillionth object and that the service is regularly peaking at over 1.1 million requests per second. To keep up with this demand on both disk and network capacity, we continue to expand our Data Centers in every region. This requires talented people to build & manage. We hope it is you!
We are currently looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our Data Center Engineering Operations Team. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports our Data Center Organization within Amazon. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center operate at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center. The EOT serves as a technical resource to support Amazon within its owned and operated data centers. This is data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. EOT’s are also tasked with driving innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
Amazon offers an exciting, dynamic and challenging environment encouraging creativity and personal development while maintaining our computing environments in a secure, scalable, and cost-effective manner. Responsibilities
- You will assist in the operation, and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the Data Center/Facility.
- You will assist in maintenance and monitoring of all Data Center systems to include incidents/events, problems, changes, monitoring, problem escalation/notification/resolution and all other aspects of Data Center support.
- You will monitor and troubleshoot of all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, voice/data, chiller systems and generators.
- You will provide assistance to contractor or data center engineer to ensure proper operation and maintenance of all facility equipment covered under level I plus areas in which they are certified such as making and running fiber optic, electrical certification, HVAC repair (training/certification), UPS and or generator certifications and training.
- You will provide assistance to contractor or data center engineer to deploy new equipment, such as, building racks, cabling, and other tasks as necessary.
- You will responds to internal Rack customer maintenance, repair and additions/expansion requests through the ticketing system,
- You will perform site walkthroughs to verify proper operation of Facility Equipment and Monitoring Systems.
- You will maintain changes in state in Mission Critical infrastructure in support of corrective/ preventive maintenance.
- You will review the Test quality, performance, safety, and reliability of products, equipment, processes.