Our mission in Transaction Risk Management Services ("TRMS") is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place on Earth by protecting the innocent and deterring the ill-intentioned. The TRMS team safeguards the order pipelines; monitoring, tracking, and managing risk to ensure long-term customer satisfaction. Within TRMS, the Operations division achieves this through a combination of automated and manual investigations of the customers on our marketplace.
We are looking for an exceptional leader with strong leadership, analytical, managerial, interpersonal, and project management skills to lead our TRMS Operations site in Prague. The Prague Site leader role is responsible for overseeing the site operations based Investigations Teams with more than 250 employees with the plan to continue to grow the site with quickly over the next couple of years. This role will supervise multiple Operations Managers and Investigations Managers which today lead the Compliance, Buyer Risk, Merchant Risk, and various other functions. In this role, the successful candidate will set the vision, direction and culture of their teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding their teams accountable to meet and exceed performance targets. They will coach team members to deliver exceptional levels of performance, demonstrate genuine passion for people, and a continual pursuit to deliver results and improve performance. A successful candidate will be capable of leading large scale operations, and to continue to scale the organization while hiring and building a management team. A successful candidate will execute the vision for maintaining all aspects of our trust and safety tenets to protect the Amazon brand and maximize trust in our systems in effort to make Amazon the world's safest place to transact online.
This leader will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. The candidate will lead large-scale fraud / risk operations and be able to work with multi-cultural teams and business owners to develop and define solutions. This position requires a strong blend of operations performance and people management skills with the ability to conduct in-depth analyses, champion strategic ideas/opportunities to execution, identify strategic opportunities and hire and build a management team. The position is global in scope and requires a high level of interaction with the other TRMS Ops teams located in North America, Europe and Asia. Responsibilities:
· Responsible for setting the vision, direction and execution of all key deliverables of the site
· Review operational metrics regularly with leadership and provide detailed understanding of business performance for the site
· Hire, develop and lead a large, culturally diverse team focused on employee success, growth, and development.
· Demonstrable experience delivering strong operational performance, excellent project management skills and appropriate technical aptitude.
· Develop long-term department strategies and significantly influence the cross-company project development and delivery processes and standards
· Works with global stakeholders to ensure sufficient capacity exists to meet often-changing volumes of investigation
· Drive operational efficiencies working with other TRMS teams to improve processes and procedures
· Contribute to the overall strategic goals through thought leadership, collaboration and personal contributions
· Ability to design and lead large organizational structures
· Brings industry perspective to decision making and assesses decisions within a strong business context
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all organizational levels and are capable of writing and owning large, complex documents
Demonstrated ability to build a culture of empowerment, accountability and continuous improvement