Are you passionate about helping startup companies use cloud computing to develop and deploy large scale applications? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a unique combination of startups/scale-ups, deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a solutions architect to participate in startup-related activities such as architectural reviews, hackathons and technical mentoring. The Solutions Architect will be the “SA in residence” and ensure AWS technical proximity at the Station F AWS mentor’s office and lead local technical activities such as meet-ups, hackathons, and technical mentoring. The Solutions Architect will focus on community activities, hold office hours, and scalable programs as well as direct interactions with startups and accelerators. The Solutions Architect will become a trusted advisor to our venture capital and startup customers, educating them on the value proposition of AWS and participating in deep architectural discussions to ensure their solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
The ideal candidate will possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Help startup customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
· Lead Station F technical meetups, events and presentations
· Ensure technical proximity in Station F for AWS and drive local technical activities
· Work with AWS teams to drive startup-related revenue
· Establish and build technical relationships within the startup ecosystem, including accelerators & incubators, VCs and co-working spaces in order to promote AWS
· Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying cloud-based solutions
· Represent AWS at startup-related industry events such as Hackathons and Meetups