Are you a talented and passionate Technical Program Manager with an ability to think outside the box? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, ever changing environment and want to impact the lives of billions of people across the world? The Global IT Services organization, is in need of a Technical Program Manager in EMEA who will manage a range of infrastructure projects. Our mission is to build programs, tools and processes that improve our ability to service our customers. This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fast-growing area within the IT Services team, at times experiencing a startup culture within a large organization. The role is not limited to one program or project as you will drive both internal and external facing projects across a variety of technologies and disciplines, involving multiple departments and cross-functional teams.
You will be responsible for scoping and delivering complex solutions, collecting product and business requirements, driving the development schedule from design to release, anticipate problems, making appropriate trade offs to manage risk, and clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes. This role requires breadth and depth in the areas of IT, Security, Hardware, Customer Experience and Technical Vendor Management in order to drive to the optimal solution for global team and business. The position requires working closely with multiple teams such as global real estate, finance, IT engineering teams and internal business customers. As a manager you'll ensure your team operate within the defined programs, executing and delivering at a consistently high level.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an ever changing environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Strategic thinking, maturity, negotiation skills, and the ability to influence are essential to success in this role.
- In conjunction with various internal and external stakeholders, design complex and cross-functional technical architecture solutions to a wide variety of IT infrastructure gaps and problems.
- Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications and draft project schedules and milestones, then work with engineers and project managers to ensure those solutions’ successful and timely delivery.
- Work with stakeholders to identify technical and resource options to successfully deliver the designed architecture, assemble project teams, and assign responsibilities.
- Assess costs and benefits, identify and mitigate risks; manage escalations; anticipate and make tradeoffs; and balance business needs with technical constraints.
- Clearly communicate technical goals, responsibilities, issues and status to team members and stakeholders. · Capture and share best-practice knowledge across the Subsidiary Infrastructure team and the subsidiary community.
- Understand and promote the use of applicable internal Amazon systems, platforms and technologies.
- Drive effective collaboration and architectural consensus across multiple disparate local and remote groups with competing priorities.
Successful candidates will possess a well-rounded technical background in IT infrastructure and WAN technologies, be detail driven, strong ownership and bias for action, have excellent problem solving abilities, as well as having experience in developing IT infrastructure architecture and related project management in a matrixed organization. Maturity, good judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
You must be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. In addition to driving high-level strategic initiatives, you must also be able to roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Global IT values diversity of thought and wants to grow through hiring people from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences, allowing us to continue to innovate for complex problems. If you're interested in helping us shape our journey and being part of the team, then please apply to find out more.