Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The successful candidate will be a key part of the European (EU) Construction team and will be responsible for project managing new Sort Centre buildings across Europe through the planning, design and construction stages. The role will also encompass projects within the existing network and ancillary properties. The Construction Manager will assist with the development and implementation of the EU sortation network within Europe. In this role you will analyze and evaluate different facility scenarios and build-out designs to produce optimum solutions, in addition to supporting the standardization of technical and facility related processes and systems.
You should have significant project management, construction or design experience with a proven track record of managing both new large builds and the enhancement of existing industrial buildings. You should be experienced in the creation of specifications, management of contracts and tendering processes and be able to deal with matters requiring statutory consent. Experience of facilities management issues would be beneficial.
This role can potentially be based at any of our existing sites within France, Spain or Italy.Deliverables/ Scope:
- Responsible for the design, planning and construction of new Sortation Centres;
- Responsible for providing project support on expansion and engineering projects within the existing EU operations buildings;
- Preparation of project brief, reports, specifications and technical analysis to evaluate and define the design, equipment and service requirements;
- Survey facilities, develop and document procedures to audit and evaluate operations and recommend solutions;
- Tender and negotiate contracts with vendors working with our Legal and Real Estate Departments to formally document these;
- Ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate service level agreements;
- Negotiate and work closely with main contractors and developers on new developments;
- Manage contractors and third parties and provide overall site management to ensure effective and safe working environments;
- Prepare and submit building control and planning applications;
- Coach and guide all project teams throughout the full project life-cycle;
- Ensure that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing the correction of any under-performance issues;
- Audit contractors to check that they are competent and financially and procedural fit to undertake the work on which they will be deployed;
- By establishing constructive relationships with contractors, support their work and help them to achieve higher performance levels;
- Drive the generation and communication of EU Construction team’s requirements, working with the Operations, Capacity Planning, and Supply Chain teams to develop business requirement solutions;
- Active involvement in risk analysis activities;
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety procedures and legislation