· Strong Linux system administrator skills
· Excellent knowledge of Hadoop architecture and administration and support
· Proficient in Map-Reduce, Zookeeper, HBASE, HDFS, Pig, Hive,
· Python, and shell scripting; experience with Chef a plus.
· Expert understanding of ETL principles and how to apply them within Hadoop
· Be able to read java code, and basic coding/scripting ability in Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP
· Experienced with linux system monitoring and analysis
· Good understanding of distributed computing environments
· Technology-related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Customer service experience / strong customer focus
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
· Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
· Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
· Databases (MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL)
· Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
· Prior working experience with AWS - any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, EMR
· Exposure to security concepts / best practices
· Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
· Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
What if I’m not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
That’s okay. That’s our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.