This position can sit in Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Paris or London.
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the Manufacturing industry, with a focus on Automotive? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon Web Services as the leader in the industry?
AWS is looking for a Principal Business Development Manager
who understands the business trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions to enable the ecosystem and the changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers, and strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, and facilitating the process to enable industry solutions, and help create significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS account management teams to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including high performance computing (design engineering), partner based solutions, etc. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by customers.
The ideal candidate will have both a business or consulting background, with experience working with Manufacturing and Automotive customers, enabling them to drive engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a good understanding of technology. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for the Manufacturing and Automotive industry.
- Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. account management teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators
- Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaise with the legal group
- Handle a high volume of engagements in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.