Poland Site Leader – Speech and Language Data Services
is a role to enhance productivity, efficiency, and quality of ground truth for spoken language data (e.g. transcription, semantic annotation, goal success) across multiple Amazon products and services.
The Speech and Language Data Services Poland Site Leader is accountable for creating a culture of continuous improvement, customer obsession, high performance and high quality throughput - leading to scaling of the Speech and Language Data Services organisation in the region, owning consistent delivery of results against the organisational objectives. The site lead will contribute to the strategic planning, goal setting and change management. With operations managers as direct reports this role enables the achievement of service levels, performance & cost goals and successful program implementation. The site leader is responsible for the performance management, goal setting and career development of their line reports to ensure effective succession planning is in place. This person should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. This person will be expected to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results-oriented work. This person will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. This person should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define solutions. This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Develop and drive a culture of continuous improvement, coordination, and evaluation of Speech and Language Data Services operations activity in Poland
· Manage individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding their teams accountable to meet and exceed performance targets.
· Collaborate with partners to build input operating plans for achievement of key measures
· Create a culture where accountability, transparency and collaboration are the norm and where rapid deep dives into root causes of defects is a standard operating practice
· Tirelessly advocate for improvements to systems and processes that will benefit our product teams / stakeholders and business partners.
· Implement bar-raising programs aimed at hiring and developing top talent and build career development roadmap for site leadership
· Inspire front line teams to go beyond the standard “call of duty” to find creative solutions for our product issues; encourage risk-taking and advocacy on behalf of product teams.
· Create closed-loop feedback processes where data associates are encouraged to be active participants in identifying opportunities for improvements to customer experience, workplace conditions, and internal tools.
· Foster a work environment that respects and is responsive to the needs of a diverse staff
· Achieve site-wide improvements in Operations, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Customer experience and People metrics.
· Build partnerships with internal and external teams to collaborate and drive measurable improvements in areas that cause customer pain and data associate frustration.
· Improve the experience of the data associates & managers as measured by improvements in attrition and employee engagement surveys.