At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
Based from our French head office in Paris, Amazon is now looking to hire an experienced, passionate, dynamic, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Senior DSP (Delivery Service Provider) Manager.
As a Senior Manager within France you will play a critical role in the development and leadership of the strategic direction of Amazon on last mile deliveries directly to our Customers.
The Senior Delivery Service Provider Manager will be the leader for Delivery Service Providers (DSPs, external companies executing last mile deliveries with their Drivers and Vehicles) within Amazon and responsible for all aspects of last mile operations : sourcing, contractualization, monitoring of performance, and planning of capacity especially for the Peak period.
- To establish and implement the strategy and direction for Amazon on all related DSP topics in order to match the business needs and requirements, to support the year-on-year growth, and to ensure annual capacity increase for the Peak period.
- To negotiate contractual requirements with multiple DSPs which include key performance indicators (KPI’s) and service level agreements (SLA’s), agreeing margins at an appropriate level to ensure a quality and cost efficient service is provided.
- To monitor the overall performance of DSPs within France to the agreed KPI’s and SLA’s, including carrying out weekly and monthly supplier reviews.
- To be responsible for developing a framework for managing DSPs for French locations, ensuring standard processes that allow for local variations, are in place.
- To prepare and then execute all operations to ensure capacity and flexibility during the Peak period
- To ensure effective auditing and compliance mechanisms are in place, both internally and with the DSPs to ensure that legal and contractual requirements are consistently met.
- Work closely with planning and operational finance teams to optimize weekly quality, capacity and costs.
-To prepare and execute the annual project plan, including the critical review and enhancement of standard reporting tools.
- Provide innovation in developing long term strategies to ensure that the DSP operating model is flexible and agile to meet future customer demands, for instance new transport models such as Electric vehicles, new delivery network models, new models for workforce planning.
- Working with key business partners such as Transport, Senior Management, Finance, Legal, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, Engineering, PR, Public Policy to deliver the operating plan and to secure required support and resources for projects and initiatives.
- Develop talent - Create, lead, engage with and direct a workforce to drive enhanced performance through our people agenda.