Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its presence in the enterprise arena with a focus on financial services. AWS offers global public cloud offerings with a diversity of compliance programs and attestations to enable AWS customer base. AWS is looking for independent, passionate, and deeply experienced professionals in the global financial services compliance and governance arena to provide thought leadership in assisting financial institutions to move regulated workloads and data into the cloud by addressing their specific security, regulatory, compliance and governance requirements. This candidate should be an experienced and innovative security/compliance/governance professional who has the ability to handle a wide range of compliance requirements and can translate those requirements into applications for cloud computing. The Compliance Specialist will work directly with AWS partners and financial institutions in adapting their control frameworks to successfully move their IT to the AWS cloud.
This key position requires specialized experience supporting financial services sector compliance efforts and will have high visibility at the most senior levels of government agencies, institutions, and AWS including frequent interaction with CISOs, CTOs, CCOs, CROs, their staffs, and AWS senior leadership. The position, as part of the AWS Worldwide Financial Services team, will act as the primary Governance/Compliance interface for Financial Services institutions. The candidate will already have, and continue to foster, key relationships, and be able to interpret the impacts of policy changes, and track and report on industry trends. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in financial services regulatory compliance assessments and relevant control discussions with AWS teams. This includes synthesizing control requirements, and recommending and pursuing alternative approaches assisting customers in developing compliance roadmaps
- Develop industry leading compliance related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand
- Assist the AWS Security Assurance team in determining the strategic direction of the various AWS compliance programs based on customer interaction and demonstrative metrics
- Be and remain connected with industry trends and events. Develop and maintain relationships with key leaders in governance, risk, and compliance at Financial Services institutions
- Collaborate with service teams on industry specific requirements that impact components of AWS services
- Assist the work of Financial Services institutions’ internal and external auditors or advisors as needed
- Keep the AWS Worldwide Financial Services leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities.