Help create the future of digital entertainment with Amazon Video! Amazon Video is fast becoming one of the major global players in digital entertainment. We are changing the way millions of customers enjoy movies and TV shows through Amazon Prime, new releases for rent or purchase, and third party video subscriptions through Amazon Channels.
Amazon is seeking a senior commercial leader to join our Amazon Channels content acquisition team and grow Amazon Channels business in Europe. This individual will be responsible for defining and, in turn, for executing the content acquisition strategy for Amazon Channels.
In addition to strong negotiation skills, and experience of the local market, the ideal candidate is a critical thinker who has an attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, is cool under pressure, and isn’t afraid to roll his/her sleeves up as needed. S/he has experience in working with local and international content owners, negotiating complex agreements, developing new business models and delivering results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. S/he must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, and think outside of his/her direct sphere of responsibility.Key responsibilities
- Create, own and execute the content acquisition strategy for Amazon Channels
- Build a plan to have the most compelling content for Amazon customers
- Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management
- Build a content acquisition pipeline for different genres of content (e.g. TV, movies, kids, foreign language etc.)
- Help studios, TV broadcasters and content owners/aggregators to conceptualize new subscription services that Amazon customers will love
- Use customer behavior, usage and consumption data to inform decision-making
- Build and manage relationships with senior-level leaders at content providers
- Structure, negotiate and agree deals with studios, channel groups and more niche video media organizations
- Lead all aspects of content negotiations, including content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
- Work with in-house and external legal counsels to draft, negotiate and bring contracts to signature
- Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas within Amazon Video to execute partnerships
- Maintain a can-do attitude and a willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary