This role can be based in London, Paris, Munich or Luxembourg.
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the Retail industry? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the industry?
The Retail industry is under pressure to reduce costs, improve operational performance, and looking to the Cloud to modernize their operations as well as evolving with more effective methodologies to help retailers attract and retain customers. And these new ways of doing business is affecting the entire retail value chain.
AWS is looking for a Business Development leader who understands business trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector globally for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, enable the ecosystem, and address changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include help engaging with key industry customers, help engaging industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable industry solutions, and support the creation of significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams selling to industry accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including high performance computing, and partner based solutions etc. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by customers.
The ideal candidate will have both a business or consulting background, with experience working with Retail customers, with demonstrated experience interacting at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of technology. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for the Retail industry.
- Support the execution on the market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
- Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Understand the use of internal Amazon systems.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
- Support contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.