Are you passionate about people development? Do you enjoy partnering with a variety of professionals across multiple geographies and cultures? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, growing organization?
Amazon Web Services, the world’s leading provider of cloud computing services, is looking for a Leadership Development Specialist to join the AWS EMEA team. This is a great opportunity for someone to influence and deliver innovative and effective learning solutions across the region.
The Leadership Development Specialist’s primary responsibility will be to deliver
new classroom programs, facilitate
virtual training, and contribute to the design and development of content
with the global AWS Leadership Development team. This person will also collaborate with HR partners and business leaders to create and execute on a strategy to develop effective managers, employees and future leaders for AWS. The person will have a hands-on role managing program details, improving processes and engaging stakeholders, driving effectiveness metrics, and learning from customer feedback to improve the learning experience.
This role will require travel, about 50-60% of the time across the region.
The successful candidate will have a track record of project management in the area of learning and development, from design to implementation, delivery, measurement and continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
· Teaching. Focus on how adults learn and evaluate the constraints. Determine the best vehicle, timing, location, communication, and measurement. Promote learning.
· Program management. Build plans with clear objectives, milestones, stakeholders, and metrics.
· Thinking big. How do we building bigger, better, faster? Evaluate how we scale as we continue to grow.
· Invent and Simplify. Appreciate what exists, identify why it works. Then rebuild it or build something totally different that derives MORE value.
· Consulting. Utilize past experience, deep knowledge of processes and practices; knowing what’s going on across our organization to create custom solutions and localize as needed.
· Prioritization. There will be a constant flow of work, both tactical and strategic. Collaborate with key partners to determine what gets done first and why, while managing a plan for what to do with everything else. Bring stakeholders along the journey as things shift.
· Deliver Results. Measure value and track metrics related to work. Move the needle.
· Earn Trust. Partner with HR Business Partners, Talent Management, and corporate central teams. Share best practices, partner on solutions, and move the organizations forward together.
· Have Backbone, Disagree & Commit. Articulate and support your perspective with data, engage in difficult conversations, and drive to the best solution for our customers.
· Resourcefulness. If you don’t know it, that’s ok. But you should know where to go for the answer or how to find out.