Amazon is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our Data Center Engineering Operations Team. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports Amazon Web Services. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center's MEP operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center. The EOT serves as a technical resource to support Amazon within its owned and operated data centers. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. EOT’s are also tasked with driving innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
EOT’s are Amazon’s front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS’s, PDU’s, AHU’s, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD’s, and building automation systems.
EOT's are also responsible for colocation vendor management on colocation sites to ensure all operations and maintenance carried out by colocation providers meet AWS availability standards, and to anticipate and help troubleshoot any operational issue with potential impact on uptime.
· Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures.
· Troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal SLA.
· Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
· Able to work on a 24/7 shift roll
· Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Utilize internal CMMS/EAM to manage building workflows.
· Manage meetings with colocation vendors, audit vendors technical systems and work processes Physical Requirements:
· Walk job sites in uneven terrain.
· Work at heights and from ladders.
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more.
· Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
· Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
· Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
· Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
· Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
· Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
· Push or pull heavy objects into position
· Work in a noisy environment
· Work at depths, such as under raised floors