Principle Solutions Architecture, you will be leading a Paris based team of Solution Architects within the wider organization of Amazon Web Services (AWS) business. This team will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon CloudFront, just to name a few) within AWS Enterprise customers accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include: growing and developing an elite technical team; aligning to support priorities of the larger customer facing team; working closely with Enterprise account management and business development roles to help grow the AWS Enterprise business; support technical engagements and help refining AWS methodology to drive broad adoption of the AWS platform; ensuring the team has deep expertise in AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate possess a track record of hiring, developing, and mentoring senior technical professionals; supporting and working in close partnership with account management and other functions to plan and execute the AWS strategy; customer facing skills that will allow them to facilitate relationship within the customer’s environment especially with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
This position is based in Paris Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hire, develop, and grow a senior team of Solutions Architects
- Serve as a key member of the team responsible for supporting the business
- Serve as a key member of the customer facing team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
- Suggest and implement programs and initiatives for the country/regional Solutions Architecture team
- Help prioritize activities of the larger team; suggest the scope of customer engagements, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
- Understand the AWS market segments and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of other internal Amazon systems.
- Moderate travel may be required