Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its presence in the enterprise arena with a focus on financial services. AWS offers global public cloud offerings with a diversity of compliance programs and attestations to help enable the AWS customer base. AWS is looking for independent, passionate, and deeply experienced professionals in the global financial services compliance arena to provide thought management in assisting partners, financial institutions and agencies to move their sensitive workloads and heavily regulated data into the cloud by addressing their specific security, regulatory, and compliance requirements. This candidate should be a technically experienced and innovative security/compliance professional who has the ability to handle a wide range of compliance requirements and can translate those requirements into applications for cloud computing. This Regulatory Compliance Manager will directly liaise with AWS partners, financial institutions, regulatory bodies, and customer agencies in adapting their control framework to help successfully move their IT to the AWS cloud environment.
This key position requires specialized experience supporting financial services sector compliance efforts and will have high visibility at the most senior levels of government agencies, institutions, and AWS including frequent interaction with CISOs, CTOs, their staffs, and AWS senior leadership. The position, as part of the AWS Security Assurance team, will act as the primary Security Assurance interface for the internal and external Financial Services community. The candidate will already have and continue to foster key relationships, be able to interpret the impacts of policy changes, and track and report on industry trends.
- Participate in financial services regulatory compliance assessment and authorization relevant discussions with AWS teams. This includes synthesizing control requirements, and recommending and pursuing alternative approaches assisting customers in developing compliance roadmaps.
- Help develop industry compliance related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand.
- Assist the AWS Security Assurance team in determining the direction of the various AWS compliance programs based on customer interaction and demonstrative metrics.
- Be and remain connected with industry trends and events. Develop and maintain personal relationships with key government industry personnel and policy makers.
- Assist work of internal and external auditors or advisors as needed.
- Keep the AWS Security Assurance leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities.