Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
This is your chance to make history. Business area: Operations – Fulfilment Centre
Operations is at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
For more information about Amazon Operations, visit our microsite: www.amazon-operations.fr Role: Senior Operations Manager
The role of senior Operations Manager is a critical position and delivers huge impact both on the customer experience and on and on bottom line performance within the Fulfilment Centre. Reporting directly to the General Manager of your site, you will be providing motivational and inspirational leadership to Operations and Area Managers, helping them develop themselves, their teams and every aspect of their departments.
As a Senior Operations Manager, you will design and implement numerous improvement projects (KAIZEN), aimed at streamlining activities, while driving up performance and quality. Taking part in site, regional and global initiatives, you will tackle complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions. You will be given a real opportunity to shape your area with ideas that could be rolled out across the Amazon network.
Whatever you focus on, it will be aimed at ensuring service excellence, whilst continuously improving our processes. Responsibilities:
You will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of either Outbound or Inbound area of Operations within our Fulfilment Centre. The extent of your duties will include:
· Maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
· Overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of site operations functions, including full accountability for setting and achieving operational goals, strategic planning, analysis and forecasting.
· Drive process improvements by using LEAN/ Six Sigma/ Kaizen methodologies to enhance our productivity and make our customer experience better than ever.
· Business analysis and partnership across Amazon with Retail and Finance leaders to develop new operating opportunities.
· Manage a team of Operations and Area Manager as direct reports, with responsibility of a large department within a time-critical and demanding environment. This will include clarifying requirements and expectations for Operations Managers, Area Managers and Team Leaders.
· Leverage ideas of Area Managers and Team Leaders to source and nurture creative improvement plans for the Fulfilment Centre and take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments and shifts
· Be a Subject-Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the fulfilment centres, i.e. 5s audits, alignment with Standard Work procedures across the network.
· Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, available daily labour and daily production goals and hourly progress towards these goals. Manage and report KPI analysis daily.