Financial Analyst with French
Amazon is looking for energetic and enthusiastic candidates to join the fast paced world of European Financial Operations in Bratislava. We’re not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average finance position. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by working on and initiating projects in a fast-paced environment and ultimately delivering results.
We’ve been online since 1995 and in that time we’ve grown pretty quickly. We’re not the kind of company that’s happy to sit back and take it all for granted however, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to bring in fresh ideas. A day to challenge convention. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of entrepreneurial spirit that will drive our success now, and reinforce our reputation for great service for years to come. You could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for cash collection operations in cooperation with our local sales and finance management. As part of our commitment to your development, you will also gain exposure in cross functional and process improvement projects but you can expect your responsibilities to include to:
·Maintain strong relationships with our clients to ensure timely collections and a high degree of accuracy
·Review and monitor A/R Aging Reports, collections targets and send statements and copies of unpaid invoices to customers
·Respond to customer billing inquiries. Research unpaid or disputed amounts and work with Sales and Finance to resolve customer issues and correct billing errors
· Work with Amazon customers to drive process improvements and resolve escalations and discrepancies
· Standardize processes to ensure capacity for our significant growth.
· Diagnose, improve and fix any issues with our current collections processes
· Continually look at ways to improve the customer experience
· Earn the trust of your external and internal customers thereby building long-lasting relationships to reinforce Amazon’s customer centricity.
· Work with the commercial side of the business to ensure we are serving our customers in the most effective manner.
· Being a helping hand for our internal business partners in EMEA, to enable them to make educated decisions.
· Acting as a communication liaison between our customers, non-retail finance, sales department and accounts receivables.
• Must be fluent in German and have advanced English language skills. Able to deal with ambiguity, having back-bone, be able to disagree & commit.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with a strong customer service focus.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with minimal supervision
• A desire to take responsibility and ownership for projects from day one.
• A drive for continuous learning and self-development
• A strong work ethic, with a high customer service ethic
• A keen eye for detail
• A very self-motivated and flexible working approach
• A passion for working with diverse teams with different cultures on an international team
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Studies or other directly related areas is an advantage and also other language skills would be welcome.
Suitable candidates will have a passion for working with people, analytical acumen, strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills. Suitable candidates will be comfortable with ambiguity, working with large databases, making assumptions with imperfect data and presenting their findings to management.
About our rewards
• A competitive salary and other excellent benefits.
• You are our future leaders! We’ll expect you to go the extra mile but success at Amazon will lead to more responsibility, progression and a rewarding career with one of the World’s leading online retailers and cloud infrastructure service market provider.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Base pay for this position is 1.060 EUR and there are further pay components within the total compensation