Interested in Amazon Alexa? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa, Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Amazon is looking for a business analyst to join our Applied Modeling and Data Science team in the area of speech and language data processing. We are seeking a customer-obsessed individual with strong analytical skills and technology experience to help us measure, analyze and solve complex problems.
A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Quicksight) is comfortable accessing data via SQL queries and working with data from multiple sources, and can partner with internal stakeholders to help drive operations. They have a restlessness to answer “why?” questions and are passionate about using language data to drive decision-making and CX improvements. As a key member of the team they will play an integral part in the program by successfully partnering with various data customers -- scientists, analysts, operations, data warehouse and product teams to support business needs.Key Responsibilities
- Execute against the Alexa AI - Natural Understanding reporting roadmap, taking existing ETLs, queries, and dashboards and leveraging them to make actionable business insights to improve Alexa CX for our customers and stakeholders
- Dive deep into our data workflows to understand trends and issues and recommend approaches to ensure efficient mitigation
- Have the capability to handle large data sets in analysis through the use of additional tools
- Derive recommendations from analysis that significantly impact a department, create new processes, or change existing processes
- Understand the basics of test and control comparison; may provide insights through basic statistical measures such as hypothesis testing
- Solve ambiguous analyses with less well-defined inputs and outputs; drive to the heart of the problem and identify root causes
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written recommendations that will help shape the direction of improving the customer experience
- Define analytical approach; review and vet analytical approach with stakeholders
- Have a working knowledge of the data available or needed by the wider business for more complex or comparative analysis, across a variety of data sources
- Reporting of key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines
- Actively manage the timeline and deliverables of projects, focusing on interactions within the team
- Communicate roadblocks to stakeholders and propose solutions
- Respond with urgency to high priority requests from scientists, managers, and partner product teams.