We are Amazon; we pioneer. We are also going through an exciting period of growth.
Amazon is opening a new Fulfilment Center in Frankenthal (Germany) and hiring a junior buyer
These state of the art facilities sit at the core of the entire business: they are where we manage our fast-moving inventory, fulfill hundreds of thousands of orders each day, and exceed customer expectations. Given their size and scale, they’re also where we need sharp minds keeping an eye on Amazon’s item inventory, purse strings and supply chain.
We’ll need you to provide holistic, functional support to your Fulfillment Center Procurement Manager–your line manager–with all aspects of Procurement. This includes securing a constant flow of packaging and non-inventory goods and services; we’ll need you to ensure everything is supplied at the best possible value to the business, on a daily basis. Your high-level mission and key performance indicators:
- Functioning as part of a close-knit team, you’ll assist with driving cost reduction and improved overall services, for greater efficiencies and economies of scale,
- Assertively advocate the value of smart procurement, to create alignment with and buy-in from your internal stakeholders,
- Assist with the analysis of spending patterns, to help you identify a range of savings opportunities,
- Delivery of Fulfillment Center Procurement and packaging metrics, in-line with set targets,
- Achieving annual cost saving targets for your Fulfillment Center,
- Ensuring that no Fulfillment Center materials run out of stock, as well as preventing service supply issues.