At Amazon, we have a unique culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle, from making films to launching stores where customers just walk out, Amazon reinvents normal. After selling the first book in 1995, we have grown at an incredible rate and in 2018 we reached a new milestone of reaching the top ten in the annual Fortune 500 list of biggest US companies. By hiring those that take risks and find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace, Amazon cultivates innovation. Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business, and we find that exhilarating.
The culture of innovation also extends to our China business. Since 2004, Amazon has been offering customers in China authentic and quality products with convenience and value. In 2014, we launched Amazon Global Store, offering millions of international brands and products direct from the US, Europe, and Japan, but allowing Chinese customers to purchase with local language, currency, payment methods, and customer services, all with the convenience of never leaving the Amazon China site Z.cn. Cross-border e-commerce is growing in popularity in China: by 2020, a quarter of the population, amounting to more than half of all digital buyers, will be shopping for cross-border goods. With over 300 million active customers, over 140 fulfillment centers, and serving more than 180 countries and regions, Amazon is well positioned to capture this growing opportunity in China. Our vision is to be the "go-to-place" for Chinese consumers to shop for global brands and products.
The Sr. Vendor Manager will be responsible for managing a category, developing the strategy and vision for that category and achieving revenue and margin goals. The scope of this role includes:
· Develop a strategic vision for the category;
· Identify new growth opportunities;
· Define the roadmap to achieve category leadership within the market segment;
· Manage existing key vendors for profitable growth;
· Recruit new top-tier vendors;
· Broaden our product selection relevant to our customer needs;
· Ensure competitive pricing;
· Analyze business data to find root cause of issues;
· Review and validate promotions;
· Work with stakeholder teams to deliver the best-in-class customer experience.
Additionally, the Sr. Vendor Manager needs to take an active leadership role in these areas:
· Improve inventory availability, inventory efficiency and purchase efficiency;
· Identify opportunities to drive overall supply chain efficiency;
· Drive item data quality improvement;
· Develop or optimizes processes in retail operations;
· Lead business process innovations.
The successful Sr. Vendor Manager must be able to:
· Act as the “business owner” for the categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the category, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects and promotions to achieve business objectives).
· Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitor the underlying technological development.
· Maximize Amazon’s long-term business profitability.
· Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to deliver site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience.
· Manage key vendor relationships, negotiate and secure marketing funds.
· Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
· Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines.
· Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.