Amazon’s growth continues unabated. To support this growth globally, HR Services is driving to redesign and automate our processes and tools for service globalization and infinite scalability. Whilst we have teams in our organization that work on large scale operational delivery, we also need expertise in specific areas such as project management, process excellence and process automation. These domain experts will drive delivery improvement and constant iteration based on their ability to understand the unique context of Amazon and be driven by the desire to deliver flawless and frustration free services to our end customers.
The Program Manager sits in the HRS Service Delivery organization, a function responsible for the delivery of end to end employee lifecycle services. The role holder reports to the Senior Program Manager – Operational Excellence, responsible for process automation across the global network of delivery hubs. The Operational Excellence team (30+) is made up of lean/Six Sigma professionals, Business Analysts and Automation professionals based in EMEA, APAC and the Americas.
This role requires a combination of deep Robotic Process Automation (RPA) expertise, program management skills, excellent orientation in finding solutions by leveraging RPA technologies, good commercial sense in structuring business cases, and excellent customer facing skills (executive presence, ability to listen and address specific problems, articulate acceptable and reasonable solutions, etc.). As a Program Manager supporting business automation, you will detect defects and identify the use cases for RPA, define the operating model on how to successfully implement across multiple regions and establish performance metrics to show clear return on investment.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of program management and deep subject matter expertise in process automation and driving process improvements. Responsibilities include:
- Lead efforts to evaluate and redesign HR processes to align with the company’s rapid growth and commitment to quality.
- Drive consistency and capability across all HR Services teams and locations to support the growth of the company and continued scalability of the services we provide to employees, managers and our HR partners. Identify opportunities for process automation within HR Services teams.
- Work across a range of stakeholders’ situations and projects to identify and define business cases for automation and detail out solution and implementation plans.
- Provide leadership on project selection, scope, definition, and performance to ensure alignment with business strategy.
- Provide program oversight to multiple implementations. Drive Governance rigor across teams on RPA implementation progress.
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, business impact, and scalability. Conduct post-implementation evaluations to understand successes and improvement opportunities for the designed solution.
- Bring industry knowledge, latest innovations and emerging trends on Robotic Process Automation.
- Help drive program communications, including project updates and other initiatives through approved communication plans.