AWS is seeking a talented Business Insights and Analytics Lead to join the growing, fast-paced EMEA Sales Operations team. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in the exciting space of the Amazon Web Services.
You should have extensive experience in analytical thought leadership for a sales organization, leading development of analytic insight, strategic initiatives, quota setting, revenue planning, and resource investment planning. You should be passionate about developing insights, setting high standards, providing information that enables dynamic decision-making using cutting edge technology. You should have excellent business acumen and communication skills, and be able to work with AWS business leaders to develop and define key business questions, then work backwards to deliver meaningful insights that answer those questions.Your deep analytic skills, strong business judgement, and focus on our core operational inputs will make you a critical partner to sales and sales operations leaders as you help them prioritize initiatives, identify gaps in process and performance, and remove barriers to execution. You should be excited about working with data, be driven to dive deep, and passionate about collaborating with Data Scientists, BI Engineers, Data Engineers, Business Analysts, Sales Leadership and Sales Operations teams.
What you will do:
- Develop a framework for the creation of the EMEA revenue and headcount plans for the year.
- Partner closely with Business Development and Sales Operations team to set ambitious yet achievable goals for the sales organization, then put a framework in place to report, analyze and measure progress against them.
- Analyze industry and Amazon internal data to understand the competitive landscape across services and identify customer trends
- Support strategic initiatives from the analytical standpoint
- Own key executive reporting consumed by Sales VP and Sales Leadership
- Ensure that the quality and timeliness of analytic deliverables to meet and exceed the Sales Operations team expectations