Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and vendors around the world.
The Team Supervisor is accountable for creating a high performance culture that motivates associates to demonstrate levels of ownership, accountability and vendor advocacy that enable the vision of a remarkable Vendor experience. As a front line manager of 20 associates, the Team Supervisor will provide coaching, guidance, and mentorship to drive achievement of individual and team performance goals. The Team Supervisor is responsible for providing timely and efficient service to our Vendors by optimizing the productivity of team that results in a perfect Vendors Interaction. Other responsibilities include interviewing, training, performance management and employee engagement.
The successful candidate will have a commitment to achieving excellence in the Associates and Vendor experience, and therefore a strong record of customer focus, a passion for employee development and a keen interest in process improvement are key requirements for this role.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Manages performance and behavior of 20 Associates through effective 1:1 meetings, coaching, and mentorship.
· Implements performance goals, monitors and evaluates against pre-set goals implementing action plans to resolve performance barriers as needed.
· Reviews and analyzes performance metrics to identify areas of opportunity that will drive performance improvement.
· Ensures that Associates have a clear understanding of the performance and behavior criteria and how it impacts site performance and the overall Vendor experience.
· Partners with workforce management to execute daily staffing plans, identifies and reports significant volume and capacity changes, making just-in-time adjustments to ensure staffing requirements are met to achieve service levels goals.
· Manages schedules, monitors adherence, time-off planning, and attendance in partnership with Workforce Management.
· Participates in daily Kaizen events to identify and implement process improvement change initiatives.
· Conducts Vendors interaction audits and provide coaching to improve performance.
· Maintains a positive and professional demeanor always portraying the company in a positive light and effectively managing sensitive issues.
· Demonstrates excellent time-management skills and the ability to work independently while using departmental resources, policies and procedures.
· Liaise with other departments such as Purchase Order Management and Account Management as required to resolve Vendor’s issues and questions.