The evolution of Amazon has been driven by innovation. It’s part of our DNA. We are doing things every day that have never been done before - providing a huge selection of products and continuing to fulfill orders quickly. We accomplish this by solving complex problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun....
The Sort Centers are a critical link between our best in class fulfillment network and the customer. Our ability to sort and deliver packages from multiple fulfillment centers across Europe accurately and efficiently enables fast and reliable delivery service. As the Amazon sort center network continues to diversify and grow, the need to innovate on our existing infrastructure and improve customer experience while continuing to grow our footprint becomes increasingly necessary and urgent.
This is an exciting time to join to our new EU Sortation Operations team as Program Manager to execute the launch of sort centers across the EU network. Responsibilities include:
- Execute multiple time-sensitive, large-scale capital projects to meet business objectives in defined project timeframes
- Monitor resources required to launch of new sort center locations
- Manage milestones with tight schedule commitments
- Drive standardization and consistency within our network while staying within budget constraints
- Interface, communicate and partner with cross functional teams at various levels of management
- Define staffing and technical resource planning of new sort center launches
- Work closely with IT, Engineering, Security, Loss Prevention, Safety, Facilities, Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources, Vendors, General Contractors, Operations, and the Project Team to build and secure support and resources for projects
- Generate ideas and rolls them into the creation of best practices and standardized tools for the SC launch process
- Monitor and reports on the progress of multiple project activities including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule
This is a regionally based role that will require significant travel. As such you could be based in any of our sites in Germany or work from home