Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its operations across the EMEA region. We are looking for an individual who is passionate and knowledgeable about data security, data protection and compliance related topics and strategies. This leader will work with AWS customers and data protection & privacy experts in across the region to help them understand how best to leverage AWS for their data management strategies and compliance needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data protection and or privacy compliance as well as data security and will be able to leverage a wide existing network within the region while engaging directly with AWS customers in this context. This role, as part of the AWS Security Assurance organization, is a key liaison with our team, the public sector account teams, public policy, AWS Solutions Architects, internal AWS service teams, and our customers; both commercial organizations and public sector agencies, as well as partners. This candidate should be a technically experienced and an innovative data protection & privacy professional who has the ability to understand IT processes and be able to drive groundbreaking strategies for cloud adoption in the midst of complex and dynamic data protection and policy changes. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing industry-leading customer facing resources for compliance enablement and innovation of mechanisms to meet customer needs and data protection & privacy requirements.
- Liaising with customers, partners, and public sector agencies on AWS cloud adoption strategies in regulatory environments.
- Performing impact and market assessments of emerging data protection & privacy programs
- Tracking and reporting on changes to data protection & privacy requirements and standards across the region.
- Providing quarterly reports and status updates to AWS executive leadership.
- Representing AWS as a public speaker and subject matter expert on topics related to data protection and compliance in EMEA.