- Familiarity with Amazon Redshift, EMR, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Athena, Kinesis and Glue.
- Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Deep understanding of Apache Hadoop 1/2 and the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience with tools such as Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, and Avro.
- Familiarity with SQL-on-Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark SQL, and/or Presto.
- Hands on experience leading large-scale big data & analytics projects.
- Executive speaking and presentation skills – Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups. AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional highly desirable.
- Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or maths highly desired.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.